Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Crazy!

On October 2 and 3 Leiden celebrates its liberation from the Spanish in god knows what year. This means the town has gone crazy. Yesterday evening I arrived at Leiden train station around 20:00, on an empty stomach, to find that the whole town has turned into a big fair, all the supermarkets closed and crowds of people everywhere. After fighting my way through the people I got to my apartment after 45 minutes and had a sandwich with Steve which we picked up on the way. But there was a nice surprise waiting for me at home: the new Frames CD which I ordered from Ireland because it's not available here yet :D



And it's good :D

Today was no less crazy, on the way to Naturalis there were already crowds of people blocking the way again, but I managed to get there without running over too many :) Same thing on the way back, and still all the supermarkets closed. Other than that it wasn't such a special day, been messing around with my computer at work to get some stuff installed that didn't want to be installed, and then we got kicked out at 17:55 because the office was closing...Oh and I spilt pasta saus on Steve's carpet, so now we're even ;-) (he once dropped a pizza on my floor).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home